These are procedures seeking to optmize warehouse activities both in terms of pick-up punctuality and in terms of workloading in warehouse-keeper.
Pick-up scheduling turns into :
- pick-up lists
- pick-up orders
- shipping lists
very similar among them.
Pick-up lists are characterized by :
- Pick-up warehouse. Any internal warehouse from which material is picked up to be shipped to both internal departments or external suppliers/clients,
- Warehouse of destination. Generally it’s the shipping warehouse for material to send outside and warehouse of works in progress for material to work inside,
- Destination. Consignee can be : clients, suppliers, internal departments, associated companies,
- Consignee. It’s the client code of the supplier or internal dept. to which material should be sent.
Inputs to pick-up lists are :
- clients orders
- client orders plans
- supplier orders for subcontract work
- supplier orders plans of subcontract work
- internal manufacturing orders
- internal orders plans